Measuring the Static and Dynamic Coefficients of Friction of a surface requires use of a tribometer like the Regan Scientific BOT3000/E. The BOT can be used on most surfaces to measure wet and dry static and dynamic coefficients of friction. In this 4-hour Regan-approved course you’ll be trained how to use the BOT to measure wet and dry static and dynamic coefficients of friction. The course explains the science of slip resistance, the physics of coefficient of friction (COF), and the difference between wet and dry static coefficients of friction (SCOF). Proper preparation and calibration of the BOT is essential to properly measuring SCOF and DCOF. The course uses in-person instruction to demonstrate how to prepare neolite and SBR sensor materials. The pretest calibration process is demonstrated. The B101.1, B101.3, and A326.3 procedure to measure dry and wet SCOF and DCOF is explained and demonstrated.
The course includes:
- Classroom instruction on the BOT3 preparation, calibration, and test processes
- Practical, hands-on use of the BOT3
- Access to the 3-hour online course “Walkways: What You Need To Know To Design, Maintain, and Insure Cleaner, Safer Floors” (Regular Price $80)
- Access to the 1.5-hour online course “BOT3000 Operator Certificate Course Level I” (to be released January 2018, Regular Price $99)
- Written and practical test
- Regan Scientific BOT3000/E Operators Certificate Level I and II
This course trains you to properly use the BOT. Further study is required to assess slip resistance and provide walkway safety services.